Friday, April 27, 2007

Look at Them Lashes!

One of the things I love the most about my EmmyBug is her amazing eyelashes. Adam has the same long, lush, luxurious dark brown lashes. When people meet Emmy for the first time, they usually comment on her big beautiful eyes, her multitude of lashes, or a combination of the two.


Emmy had rehearsal for her ballet recital today, so she did have on a little bit of make-up. As we were standing at the check-in table, I overheard a couple of mothers talking about the little girl "over there" that was wearing the false eyelashes. I looked over at the moms just in time to catch both of them quite openly staring - almost gawking - at EmmyBug.

I caught their eyes, and smiled politely. I didn't say anything to either of the two women, but I did have a few things that ran through my brain...

Are you crazy? My daughter doesn't need false eyelashes!
Take that, you Barbie-wanna-be-bleach-bottle hussy!
My daughter has better eyelashes than you AND your spaghetti-thin, over protected weakling!
Try getting those babies from an over-priced plastic surgeon! Not gonna happen!

1 comment:

Kimmiemcneely said...

She is beautiful and it I am not just saying that because I love her!