Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Another Speed Bump in My Education - I Think...

OK, so I have good news, some better news, and some frustratingly bad news about the whole nursing school thing...

GOOD NEWS - I got accepted into the Lanier Tech Practical Nursing program, and if everything goes according to plan, I should start this summer quarter. It's a good thing in that classes are Monday and Tuesday nights and Clinicals are Saturday from 7AM to 7PM.

BETTER NEWS - I got approved for a HOPE Grant, so my tuition is covered, and I get an extra $100 per quarter to cover my books. Down side to that is that some of the nursing books can cost upwards of $200 EACH! Guess I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, huh?

BAD NEWS - My advisor and the Dirctor of Admissions are both on Jury Duty this week, and I can't get an answer from anybody about the really frustratingly bad news (see below).

FRUSTRATINGLY BAD NEWS - I have been told that credits that are more than 2 years old will not be accepted, and those classes will have to be retaken. This means that unless I can get a waver, then I'm going to have to RETAKE ENG 101, MAT 101, PSY 101, and AHS 101. Yes, it's been more than 2 years since I took these classes, but looking back at my transcript, it really pisses my off that I made an A, a B, an A, and a B, respectfully, in each one of those classes (side note: AHS stands for Allied Health Science). Please keep fingers and toes crossed and hope that I don't have to take these stupid classes again.

No comments: