Friday, June 1, 2007

We Belong at The Zoo - I Think...

Adam & I have talked about getting a membership to Zoo Atlanta since we took Emily for the first time in the Spring of 2004. So when we went to the Zoo back in mid-April with the Yatabes, I went ahead and purchased a Family Membership. I filled out the paperwork, and the lady at the desk told me that we should have our permanent membership cards within about four weeks. Until we got our permanent cards, we could use the day's ticket stub and our driver's license to prove membership on any subsequent visit.

(l to r) Emily and Juliet, Autumn & Ella Yatabe - April, 2007
It's now June, and we haven't gotten the darn cards yet. I've e-mailed and called several times to find out where our cards are, and I was been told that they were printed on May 14th and mailed to our correct address. OK, that's all well fine and dandy, but now answer me this...


If it take the USPS two days to get a package to Mother in Daphne, AL, and 3-4 days to get a package to Sonny & Patricia in East Islip, NY, should it not take less time to get something from Zoo Atlanta to Buford, GA? I'm thinking it should take no longer than 2 days.


My latest e-mail communication was with Kelli (how cute - she spells it with an i) earlier this week. She told me the same thing - information entered on May 9th; cards printed on May 14th; mailed the week the cards were printed. She also told me that she would have the cards reprinted and we should receive them within 7 to 10 business days.


I'm thinking if we don't have the cards by Monday, we're taking a trip to the Zoo, and I'm going to stand right there whilst they print our cards and put them in my hot, little hands. Otherwise, I might really might need to be put in the zoo.

No comments: